Turnkey product development of large ultra-thin, smart displays used in cloud based digital advertising applications – including system design, software, FPGA and hardware development for multi-media capabilities.
- Work with visionaries bent on creating disruptive innovations that change the way we live.
- Go beyond what others said was technically possible to reach our common goal of delivering successful products when the market needs them.
- Embrace multiple challenges by constantly innovating to create a unique product that transforms how content is delivered and experienced in the physical world.
Client: Large Advertising / Media Company
Location: New York
Orthogone designed an ultra-low-profile, connected, secured, and cost effective, high resolution, multi-media (video & sound) smart display with superior artistic rendering.
Electronic design of multiple high-speed, ultra-low profile and high-density Printed Circuit Board (PCB), including:.
- Hardware and mechanical design concept and architecture
- Ultra-compact, high-efficiency power supply design for LED backlight lighting system
- Hardware design of a high-density CPU sub-system based on NXP i.MX-6 System on a Chip (SoC). The system also includes multiple peripherals such as: USB, Ethernet, GNSS, WiFI/BT, 4G LTE, etc.
- Post-layout simulations of high-speed mixed-signal circuits
- Functional bring-up, tests and integration to deliver a successful product launch at CES
- Cost effective FPGA design implementing Frame Rate Conversion (FRC) and video scaling to directly interface with T-CON (Timing Controller) module of a Tier-1 open-cell supplier
- EMI/EMC Tests and characterization to ensure product will meet Canada/US and international requirements
Software architecture, design, test, and integration, including:
- Board Support Package and device drivers (USB, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, HDMI, SW/FW upgrades, etc.)
- Integration of Android 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x
- End-to-end video path optimization to support H.264 1080p60 videos with no frame loss
- Synchronization of audio and video within 1 video frame with either HDMI or Bluetooth speakers
- Optimization of WiFi/BT coex performances.
- Support for various non-standard HDMI resolutions
- Upgrade of Widevine DRM from security level 3 to level 2
- Principal consultant for technical due diligence during the strategic financial investment phase
- Direct customer support to identify and resolve problems during product introduction. Visit and qualify tier-1 OEM suppliers for TFT glasses open-cell and T-CON modules.
- Freescale/NXP i.MX-6
- ARM TrustZone Architecture
- Top tier supplier of TFT glass open cell (T-CON interface)
- Xilinx FPGA (Series-7)
- Wireless technologies: WiFi, Bluetooth, LTE, GNSS