Develop a bionic ears product – including the hardware, firmware and DSP – to help people communicate effectively in high-noise environments.
- Protect hearing and preserve audio fidelity.
- Operate in a high noise industrial type environment with extended life battery operation.
- Work wirelessly over significant distance.
The Breakthrough Innovation
Orthogone ported and optimized several DSP algorithms developed by auditory researchers to effectively run on a size constraint low-power consumption microcontroller. Sophisticated audio seal tests were implemented to ensure the earphones produce rich, smooth frequency response across the full audio spectrum. Advanced radio processing techniques were developed to minimize power consumption and extend battery life.
Electronic design of high-density Printed Circuit Board (PCB), including:
- Hardware and mechanical design concept and architecture
- Hardware design based on NXP LPC microcontroller
- Design of wireless Bluetooth and Sub-GHz radio and antenna
- Product qualification and characterization over environmental conditions
Software and DSP
Software architecture, design, test and integration including:
- BSP and device drivers
- Multiple audio DSP algorithms
- Real time code optimization
- Power consumption optimization
- Radio communication processing
- NXP LPC microcontroller
- Audio codecs
- Wireless Proprietary Sub-GHz + BT 4.1 chipset