To innovate, you need the courage to go back to the basics of physics. That’s exactly what our client had in mind when we were approached to work on an innovative cost effective concept to implement an automotive seat comfort solution.
- Go beyond what others said was technically possible to reach our common goal of delivering successful products when the market needs them.
Client: Kongsberg Automotive
Location: Grand-Mere, QC, and Norway
Orthogone developed the software and firmware based on the NXP Kinetis microcontroller for this novel solution to provide a cost-effective seat comfort solution used in luxury vehicles.
Software architecture, design, test, and integration, including:
- Complete solution architecture
- Bootloader (NXP Kinetis MCU)
- Board Support Package (I2C, SPI, A/D, RTC, Timer, PWM, UART, LIN, CAM)
- Functional code for seat control, setting configuration, massage support, etc.
- Real time code optimization (including assembler code)
- Interrupts optimization
- Single code base supporting multiple configurations
- Safety code (Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- MISRA compliant
- System calibration
- Manufacturing tests
- NXP Kinetis microcontroller